[parisc-linux] Something broken in dpkg/dselect/apt?

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 01:20:39 -0700

Tom wrote:
> ...Shut it down, turned it on today, and now apt-get update
> (or dselect update) fails. Updates download, then errors "Failed to fetch
> -x-  rename failed, no such file or directory" and "couldn't stat -x- -
> stat (2 no such file or directory". It then helpfully suggests that I
> rerun the apt-get udpate...

[ please follow up to debian-hppa list only ]

I see this if I happen to upgrade when I think the mirrors are getting
sync'd. Retrying a few hours later usually worked for me.
Locally, the problem time was around 12-4PM PST for debian mirrors
external to HP.

hth,
grant