[parisc-linux] dynamic loader problem

Thibaut VARENE varenet@esiee.fr
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:08:38 +0100

Le mardi 12 mars 2002, =E0 05:46 , Randolph Chung a =E9crit :

>> Has anybody worked on the various "dl-" routines in =
glibc/sysdeps/hppa
>> recently?  That's probably where the dynamic loader problem lies.
>
> afaik ESIEE guys are looking at glibc.... thibaut? clement? any=20
> comments?

Well we're actually trying to rewrite the dynamic symbol resolver=20
following the ia64 model -- this should result in a significant speedup.=20=

(according to ACM)

We're currently focusing on the last point, so if we succeed, it might=20=

solve the problem (assuming it works fine on ia64).

We will keep the m-l informed of the progress of our work...

Thibaut VARENE
PA/Linux ESIEE Team
http://www.esiee.fr/puffin