[parisc-linux] 'foreign' PCI cards in an rp2430

Duraid Madina duraid@fl.net.au
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 07:25:56 +1100

Matthew wrote:
> *puts kernel hacker's hat on*
> Sure!  All that stuff should work and if it doesn't it can be fixed.

Sweet.

> *puts HP employee hat on*
> Well, it might invalidate your warranty to put non-HP
> certified cards in your system.

Grr, someone should stop HP from calling them PCI slots since they're
only rated to 20W/slot anyway ;) (which is out of spec, iirc)

> > 	And (no laughter, please) what's the maximum swap
> partition size
> > parisc linux supports? Can parisc linux swap over NFS?
>
> Forget about swapping over NFS.  It's prone to deadlock under
> stress.  I think we support 2GB/file and up to 8 files, but I
> may be underestimating... John would know.

Damn! I was hoping that I could have something like 200GB of swap or so.
Would it be difficult to add support for more than 8 swap files?

	Thanks,

	Duraid