[parisc-linux] Only serial console for B1000 (64bits) ?

joel.soete@freebel.net joel.soete@freebel.net
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 18:04:24 +0200 (CEST)

Quoting Bruno Léon <nonolemono@yahoo.fr>:

> >>Which CD?
> The 0.9.3 iso cd downloaded from the Esiee team Website.
Well ...

> >Try first 32bits kernel (till now I am running successfuly a 32bits
> pa37 on a
> b2000) with a serial console.
> I tried both kernels in fact, but none of them seem to work.
>
> >Then may be you would like to get a more recent kernel in 64bits (see
> >ftp://ftp.parisc-linux.org/kernels/).
> I will change the kernel hopefuly, but I need to install a first one...
> ;-)
>
> Here is the error I get on the LCD of the B1000 :
> FLT CBF4: SYS BD
> bad OS HPMC cksm
> FLT CBFC: SYS BD
> OS HPMC br err
> FLT 500B: SYS BD
> bus timeout

I could not help here (I suspect the problem of ide CD-Rom solved now)

> Another guy named "Yasholomew Yashinski" report the same error in
> february,
> but
> I didn't understand how he solved his problem.

Do not remember but ...

> I will look into netbooting perhaps.

Yes, that is what I do to install my b2000 (as a copy of my b180).

But now an easiest way for you would certainly be to download a more recent
cd-image into: http://pateam.esiee.fr/cd-images/testing/
(see also explanation on http://pateam.esiee.fr/download.html#deb page)

Many progress where made since my test (about a month ago).
At least it would help you to format your disk and (if as I you do not access
internet from your b1000) a shell which would allow you to copy your b180 on
your  b1000.

I am confident that this solution will help you successfully,

Joel

This mail sent through Tiscali Webmail (http://webmail.tiscali.be)