[parisc-linux] SCSI Boot Problems on HP C110/9000

Wed, 19 Jun 2002 10:38:49 -0400 (EDT)

> Thanks for the help.  I searched back in the forum another month and saw a
> very similar message with a response top it that said "sounds like SCSI
> termination problem".  I think this is actually a driver problem.  Both
> disks are on the internal SCSI chain and internally terminated (2 GB Segate
> and a Toshiba CDROM).  I did have SCSI terminator s on the external ports
> (HP-UX wouldn't boot without them) (Both the Fast-Wide and the Single
> Ended).

There should be a terminator at each end of the SCSI bus.  Typically,
you don't have to worry about the processor end.  Old Seagate drives
have internal termination resistors that need to be removed if the
drive is not at the end of the bus or you are using an external terminator.
The Seagate web site has user guides online for all models.  The Toshiba
CDROM probably has a switch to disable the internal terminator.

Dave