[parisc-linux] SCSI Boot Problems on HP C110/9000

Michael Audette Mike.Audette@synopsys.com
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 10:07:22 -0400

Everyone,

Thanks for the help.  I searched back in the forum another month and saw a
very similar message with a response top it that said "sounds like SCSI
termination problem".  I think this is actually a driver problem.  Both
disks are on the internal SCSI chain and internally terminated (2 GB Segate
and a Toshiba CDROM).  I did have SCSI terminator s on the external ports
(HP-UX wouldn't boot without them) (Both the Fast-Wide and the Single
Ended).

The problem suddenly went away when I removed these external SCSI
terminators.  This seems to be incorrect behavior (unless the controller
chip has built-in termination)  Anyhow,  After removing the terminators the
system booted fine.

To answer someone else's' question.  The system did not hang per se, it got
stuck in a loop trying to reset the SCSI ports.  This caused the system to
not completely boot.  Has anyone gotten external SCSI working on a C110?

					-Thanks!

						Mike