[parisc-linux] 2.4.18-pa35 SMP process hangs on a J200

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 03:05:54 +0100

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 03:52:46PM -0600, Grant Grundler wrote:
> > Additional note: On the HP models with the worst of the problems;
> > is the physical_cpu_id and the logical_cpu_id a 1:1 mapping as
> > it is on x86 systems?
>
> Yes. parisc didn't have a concept of physical CPU ID until
> PAT PDC (eg A500, N-class, etc). When we want to support
> CPU addition and removal, we can add physical/logical
> mappings and it will no longer be 1:1.

Actually this came up in an unrelated question today.  I found that
where other architectures use a physical ID, we use an address.  So we
really have no use for logical/physical mappings.  When the CPU hotplug
code is introduced, it will actually remove the logical numbering and
loops over all cpus will be done with loops over all physical cpus and
a check to see whether that cpu is online.