[parisc-linux] 2.4.18-pa35 SMP process hangs on a J200

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:52:46 -0600

Michael S. Zick wrote:
> Sirs...
> I now have a definate lead for the x86-SMP case, which might
> aid the troubleshooters in the pa-risc branch (diff's attached).

ok - thanks. I'll take a look.

But I can tell you now that very little of the code between
x86 and parisc is shared in this area. I doubt it's as helpful
as you might think.

> Additional note: On the HP models with the worst of the problems;
> is the physical_cpu_id and the logical_cpu_id a 1:1 mapping as
> it is on x86 systems?

Yes. parisc didn't have a concept of physical CPU ID until
PAT PDC (eg A500, N-class, etc). When we want to support
CPU addition and removal, we can add physical/logical
mappings and it will no longer be 1:1.

grant