[parisc-linux] howdy and 720/50 framebuffer question

Steve Pacenka spacenka@lightlink.com
04 Jun 2002 19:25:49 -0400

On Tue, 2002-06-04 at 19:08, Christoph Plattner wrote:
> An interesting question at this point. I also have a 720, but I never
> tested the graphics display up to now (I only use it via serial line).
>
> My 720 has a single board graphics card with three BNC connectors
> on it. Is this really a 24bit graphics or a 8bit graphics. The only
> thing I know, is that the resolution was used with 1280x1024 under
> HP-UX 9.05 (or similar...).

Christoph,

The monochrome text plane is 1280x960 on my current victim.  It has four
BNC video connectors of which I use R, G+sync, and B.

> One day I will carry up my 21" monitor and try the grpahics on this
> machine !

We have several large HP monitors too; I can barely lift the larger
ones.  Not very sharp, but I've only seen them in poor lighting
conditions.

-- thanks, SP