[parisc-linux] gcc-cvs problem

joel.soete@freebel.net joel.soete@freebel.net
Tue, 04 Jun 2002 08:32:45 +0200 (CEST)

Quoting John David Anglin <dave@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca>:

> > I really have no chance with this b2000:
> > I broken first my install and now it makes a HPMC in the middle of
> binutils
> > build and the pim info are not clear :((
>
> I'd try a new kernel first.

Very strange behaviour:
with some difficulties I reach to restart a kernel then I launch  my toolchain
script (which failled because of __therad problem), I change the faulty header
and finaly relaunch script which failled in a tar xjf (some time during the
first extract of binutils, some time during the second extract of gcc32) what
ever the kernel I used 2.4.18-pa24 2.4.18-pa24+lvm1.0.4 2.4.19-pre8-pa29?.

But thanks to the console logs grab with minicom I reach to notice the "BUG":

Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 palx2000 ttyS0

palx2000 login:

kernel BUG at superio.c:109!
WARNING! Stack pointer and cr30 do not correspond!
Dumping virtual address stack instead

Dumping Stack from 0x2ee00000 to 0x2ee00bc0:

What could the reason why the tar xjf is successfull a first time and when it is
relaunched, it fails? Ext3 fs (I am not sure how can I change back to ext2) bash
(which other sh may I try) ?

Joel

PS: after a cleanpim it seems to be easiest to reboot?

This mail sent through Tiscali Webmail (http://webmail.tiscali.be)