[parisc-linux] state of 2.5 merge

Randolph Chung Randolph Chung <randolph@tausq.org>
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 22:00:53 -0700

> we're still a little short of attempting to link.  entry.S and head.S
> need to be massaged to work in the new O(1) scheduler world.  note that
> we're leaving preempt disabled until later.  once it does attempt to link,
> i suspect we'll find there're a lot of functions which need to be written
> (particularly mm-related ones) and probably some include cleanups to do.

In case people are wondering where this is at.... today we got a
somewhat working shell.....

kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds
Stand-alone shell (version 3.4)
> uname -a
Linux (none) 2.5.26-pa0 #106 Sat Jul 27 18:49:37 PDT 2002 parisc unknown unknown GNU/Linux

This is on a a500 (64-bit kernel). Richard has also had success with
b180 (iirc).

For the most part things are still quite broken (init, ls, etc don't
work yet).  There are probably some changes related to the task_struct
to thread_info transition that still needs to be worked out for
syscalls to work correctly....

Richard Hirst worked out most of the bugs to get userspace working.
Thanks Richard! :-)

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports