[parisc-linux] state of 2.5 merge

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 03:40:37 +0100

we're still a little short of attempting to link.  entry.S and head.S
need to be massaged to work in the new O(1) scheduler world.  note that
we're leaving preempt disabled until later.  once it does attempt to link,
i suspect we'll find there're a lot of functions which need to be written
(particularly mm-related ones) and probably some include cleanups to do.

i guesstimated it'd take a week to get to linking, and we're definitely
halfway there.  thanks to everyone who's participated in the merge,
including: paul bame, randolph chung, thibaut varene, richard hirst,
helge deller and grant grundler.