[parisc-linux] graphics console only displays the penguin

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 14:46:28 -0600

"robert klough" wrote:
> I've been advised to uncomment the line containing ttyS0 in the
> /etc/inittab, but this line is already uncommented (without the #).

As already noted, use /dev/tty0. ttyS0 is serial port login.

> How can I have both serial and graphics consoles?

No. I define console as where the *firmware* sends output
when booting. Linux attempts to respect the firmware settings.

You can have a serial console and a gfx login prompt.
And vice versa. It's a matter of setting CONSOLE paths
at the PDC prompt and setting up gettys' in /etc/inittab.

grant