[parisc-linux] graphics console only displays the penguin

Joel Soete joel.soete@freebel.net
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 18:24:36 +0000

Hey,

robert klough wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've tried installing the latest iso available online (the entire 400MB
> one), 9.3 I think, through serial console. It worked very well, but now
> I would like to pass it now on a monitor. But all what I get when I boot
> is the penguin logo on the top left corner and a blinking cursor.
> However I see no displayed text at all (the serial console is still
> available)
What kind of system is it?

Why do not you try netinstall CD available:
http://pateam.esiee.fr/cd-images/testing/

(it is small about 70Mb)

Or the last Debian Woody 3.0 just release (see www.debian.org where to
download) (but bigger size)

Normaly I test netinstall CD (with a more recent kernel) and it boot
well with on the graphical screen of my b180. (I hope to test the new
Debian next week).

> I've been advised to uncomment the line containing ttyS0 in the
> /etc/inittab, but this line is already uncommented (without the #).

I will see on my station how I setup my inittab.

See you and Good luck,
	Joel