[parisc-linux] PARISC Linux machines?

Andrew Shugg andrew@neep.com.au
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 13:29:03 +0800

Juergen Braukmann said:
> Michael Madden schrieb:
> > Hello;
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone out there needs older PA-RISC machines to use on
> > PA-RISC Linux and the Debian 3.0 port to PA-RISC.  I have many 735
> > workstations, a few 725/715 workstations, and a few C110 workstations.
> >
> > Right now, they are all collecting dust.  I'd be willing to donate the
> > machines to someone who will put them to use on the PA-RISC Linux
> > or Debian 3.0 project.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Michael Madden

Michael,

I'm sure you'll get some interest from people; maybe try a non-spammy
offer in the debian-hppa mailing list.  Some more info you could include
would be what part of the world you live in, and whether you have the
means to ship the boxes or if interested parties need to arrange removal
themselves (ie visit you!).

> Hi Michael,
>
> see http://www.openpa.net (particulary
> http://www.openpa.net/about.html). Paul seems to have an interest in
> that. I could do with some C110 memory, but it's nbot worth to strip
> a working box for that.
>
> Juergen

Thanks Juergen, I wasn't aware of this site's existence.  I don't think
there's a link to it on the parisc-linux.org web site; is this something
we could do?  Under the "User Resources" section of the sidebar would be
a suitable place, I imagine.

Andrew.

--
Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>                   http://www.neep.com.au/

"Just remember, Mr Fawlty, there's always someone worse off than yourself."
"Is there?  Well I'd like to meet him.  I could do with a good laugh."