[parisc-linux] unresoved symbols when doing a make modules_install

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 17:44:43 +0100

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 06:06:30PM +0200, kenneth westelinck wrote:
> Indeed, I'm not configuring any PCI or ISA slots, as my 712 doesn't have any
> (at least I haven't seen any of these slots when I replaced the CMOS
> battery). That's why I'm building my own kernels in the first place; to have
> a kernel suited for my own box.

right

> I assume if I would disable PCI and ISA on my 486 (hypothetically), the ppa
> would have some unresolved symbols as well?
> So, should I enable PCI or ISA to make the ppa module work? Or is there
> another way around to use the ppa module without the PCI or ISA stuff?
> Thanks.

the ppa module needs to be rewritten to consider that the parallel port
might be memory mapped.  it will never work on a PA box (except maybe
the B1000 / C3000 / J5000 range).