[parisc-linux] locales held back

Matt Taggart taggart@carmen.fc.hp.com
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 17:38:21 -0600

eddantes@wanadoo.fr writes...

> Frank Alden Smith wrote:

> > Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
> >   locales: Depends: glibc-2.2.5-8 but it is not installable
> > E: Sorry, broken packages
> >
> > Any, idea how I can resolve the problem, or must I just be patient until
> > the broken glibc-2.2.5-8 is fixed?
> >
> > Take care,
> > frank
>

> That's a pretty common situation in Debian Sid (unstable), especially
> between locales and glibc. I've seen it happen qui a lot of times, but
> it's just harmless.

BTW- IIRC this is due the the fact that libc6 and locales have lock-step
dependencies. So when a new glibc package comes out the binary-all
locales package is immediatatly available for all architectures but the
arch-specific packages like libc aren't until they've been built for
each architecture. So as eddantes pointed out, just wait a few days and
they'll be sync'd back up.

Or you could run testing which doesn't have this problem(by definition).

--
Matt Taggart
taggart@fc.hp.com