[parisc-linux] locales held back

eddantes@wanadoo.fr eddantes@wanadoo.fr
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 00:26:46 +0200

Frank Alden Smith wrote:
> hi,
>
> For the last two days I've been told by apt-get upgrade that the locales
> package has been held back. Today I decided to try apt-get install
> locales with this result:
>
> puccini:~# apt-get install locales
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.
>
> Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
> the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> that package should be filed.
>
> Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>   locales: Depends: glibc-2.2.5-8 but it is not installable
> E: Sorry, broken packages
>
> Any, idea how I can resolve the problem, or must I just be patient until
> the broken glibc-2.2.5-8 is fixed?
>
> Take care,
> frank

That's a pretty common situation in Debian Sid (unstable), especially
between locales and glibc. I've seen it happen qui a lot of times, but
it's just harmless.

This situation will end in a few days, just let time to package
maintainers to do their job and release correcly compiled and packaged
software.

/Dantes