[parisc-linux] compiling kernels with gcc-3.2

Joel Soete joel.soete@freebel.net
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 10:24:26 +0000

Hi Randolph,

Randolph Chung wrote:
> well, after some advice from Dave about how to build gcc-3.2... i now
> have a gcc-3.2 compiled kernel working as well:

Great ;) I will try also

> tausq@a500:~$ uname -a
> Linux version 2.4.18-pa54 (tausq@a500) (gcc version 3.2 20020711 (experimental)) #2 SMP Fri Jul 12 22:04:23 PDT 2002
> tausq@a500:~$
>
> I'm quite perplexed about why it doesn't seem to always work for
> others... i didn't really have to do anything special with either gcc or
> the kernel to get it to boot.

Well regarding release 3.2, I frequently encounter problems to compile
gcc itself because of some broken part (it seems to me normal because it
is the present development branch) for which I open PR which was solved
in the mean time.
And when I reach to compile gcc and the kernel, this was a problem with
network connection which make crash the system.
So now if I can obtain an working kernel (as you) I would be able to
continu to test other interesting thing.

Thanks a lot for info,
     Joel