[parisc-linux] k210/819 Zalon driver

Richard Hirst rhirst@linuxcare.com
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 08:29:16 +0100

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 10:56:01AM +0300, Stephan Trajkoff wrote:
> Hi,
> why I need to enable PCI/EISA to make available option zalon driver in
> SCSI drivers?
> My HP K210 don't have PCIs and EISA?!!?!?!?

At the moment you have to enable PCI because that is the way the config
script is organised.  I don't know if zalon support would build without
PCI because it uses the ncr53c8xx driver which normally drives only PCI
chips.  It is an area that needs attention anyway, because if you enable
sym53c8xx_2 you wont get the zalon option at all (which is obviously
wrong).

Richard?!!?!?!?