[parisc-linux] L2000 stable with SMP and RAID

James Braid james.braid@peace.com
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 09:50:12 +1200

Hi list,

FYI, I downloaded the latest CVS kernel and compiled it on my L2000 and
it magically seems have fixed most of the stability problem's I have
been having with the box. Before the box would crap out randomly when
doing pretty much *any* I/O stuff. SMP was also very flaky.

SMP seems to be working fine, and top even seems to report the correct
values for load average and CPU utilization :-) It's been running
distributed.net for several days now with no worries.

I have got 2 disks in a RAID 0 config and have been testing them with
dbench and bonnie and so far the box seems to be pretty stable.

Cheers, James