[parisc-linux] Odd kernel error

Tom palinux@alaskatech.org
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 08:55:52 -0900 (AKST)

> On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 08:00:21PM -0900, Tom wrote:
> > Compiling the latest from CVS (-pa16, I think) and at the final make, when
> > gcc is actually doing the '-o vmlinux' I'm getting:
> >
> > drivers/video/video.o: In function 'L1260':
> > drivers/video/video.o(.init.text+0x2554): undefined reference to
> > 'fbcon_sti'
> > drivers/video/video.o(.init.text+0x255c): undefined reference to
> > 'fbcon_sti'
> > make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1
>
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Thomas Bogendoerfer wrote:
> are you using " Advanced low level driver options" ? If yes, there is
> a bug in driver/video/Config.in, which doesn't let you select fbcon sti
> for advanced config. Turn off the Advanced low level thing and the link
> error should go away.

Okay - FTR, enabling PCI and disabling the 'advanced low-level driver
options' allows a clean compile, which happily boots a 715/100 and runs
KDE using the aforementioned XF86Config-4 file.Thanks to all who chipped
in - this gives me hope to get X running on the C180, now that I've got
space to set it up! :-)

BTW, anyone have any feedback on some of the places selling PA-RISC
machines on eBay? Southwest Computer Solutions seems to have a lot of them
at reasonable prices, ditto a few other places, but some seem to have no
idea what these things are and tend to say 'untested-as-is' with a minimum
$200+sh on a C110...