[parisc-linux] Odd kernel error

Thomas Bogendoerfer tsbogend@alpha.franken.de
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 22:19:39 +0100

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 08:00:21PM -0900, Tom wrote:
> Compiling the latest from CVS (-pa16, I think) and at the final make, when
> gcc is actually doing the '-o vmlinux' I'm getting:
>
> drivers/video/video.o: In function 'L1260':
> drivers/video/video.o(.init.text+0x2554): undefined reference to
> 'fbcon_sti'
> drivers/video/video.o(.init.text+0x255c): undefined reference to
> 'fbcon_sti'
> make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

are you using " Advanced low level driver options" ? If yes, there is
a bug in driver/video/Config.in, which doesn't let you select fbcon sti
for advanced config. Turn off the Advanced low level thing and the link
error should go away.

Thomas.

--
Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessary a
good idea.                                 [ Alexander Viro on linux-kernel ]