[parisc-linux] Boot console problems

Philipp Schulte pschulte@uni-duisburg.de
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 19:33:43 +0100

Hello,
I am trying to install parisc-linux on a HP 735. The problem is that I
can not specify the boot device. I hit ESC during the boot-process and
I get the menu where I can choose between:

---
a) Boot from specified device
s) Search fpr bootable devices
a) Enter boot administration mpde
x) Exit and continue boot sequence
?) Help

Select from menu:
---

But then nothing happens no matter what key I press. The cursor just
jumps to the "S" of "Select". Even "? <RETURN>" gives no output at
all.
I thought that it might have something to do with my serial console
but I tried using another PC with minicom and got the same result.
If I just let the machine boot to HP-UX then everything works fine, I
can execute commands and stuff.
Does someone know whats going on here or how to avoid this problem?
Regards,
Phil