[parisc-linux] 0.9.3 on a graphics console

Thomas Bogendoerfer tsbogend@alpha.franken.de
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 01:40:27 +0100

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 06:00:47AM +0100, Arjen Hommersom wrote:
> Ah, that works, linux is up and running now :) Upgrading to 2.4.16-32
> even allows me to use a  graphics console, so thats all great. However,
> i do not see the penguin while booting and XFree doesnt seem to work, so
> i suppose the framebuffer device doesn't work (?)

correct, FX cards aren't supported by the framebuffer device, because I don't
have documentation for them.

> I found in the mailinglist archive the thread "XFree86 on B180" that
> suggests it might work if you treat this card as an 'artist graphics
> card'. I'd be more than happy to test that if someone could give me some
> details on how to do that.

no way, I tried to treat my FX6 as something, which already works. But no
luck.

Thomas.

--
Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessary a
good idea.                                 [ Alexander Viro on linux-kernel ]