[parisc-linux] Reset default console?

Christian Suder csuder@cisco.com
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 19:30:36 -0800

Tom,

on the (older) C110 you hit <TAB> as soon as the monitor shows some sign
of life and it will cycle through the available settings. I guess it's the
same on a C180.

Otherwise you can remove the adapter to force it back to the serial
console.

	Christian

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002 17:56:21 -0900 (AKST)
"Tom" <palinux@alaskatech.org> wrote:

> Okay, I finally got my EVC-VGA adapter from HP (who are actually the
> cheapest place to get one!) and plugged in the A1097C monitor so I can
> start using a local keyboard/mouse/monitor on the C180. I changed the
> console in the PDC from serial_1 to graphics(0), checked that
graphics(0)> is the local video adapter and said it's settings were
1280x1024@75hz,> then rebooted. After I got a completely scrambled screen,
I remembered> that the A1097C is 1280x1024@72...

> Unfortunately, since graphics(0) is valid, I no longer get PDC info on
the> serial cable. Does anyone know how I can reset this, or force it to
go> back to the serial console?