[parisc-linux] Reset default console?

Tom palinux@alaskatech.org
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 17:56:21 -0900 (AKST)

Okay, I finally got my EVC-VGA adapter from HP (who are actually the
cheapest place to get one!) and plugged in the A1097C monitor so I can
start using a local keyboard/mouse/monitor on the C180. I changed the
console in the PDC from serial_1 to graphics(0), checked that graphics(0)
is the local video adapter and said it's settings were 1280x1024@75hz,
then rebooted. After I got a completely scrambled screen, I remembered
that the A1097C is 1280x1024@72...

Unfortunately, since graphics(0) is valid, I no longer get PDC info on the
serial cable. Does anyone know how I can reset this, or force it to go
back to the serial console?

I also found one source online that said the A1097C monitor is
1280x960@75, rather than 1280x1024. Anyone at HP care to confirm or deny
this? :-)