[parisc-linux] Problem installing 0.9.3 on 715/100XC

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 00:16:43 -0700

Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> > This machine has BootRom Version 1.1, could this be causing a problem?
>
> You could try updating the BootRom via bootp/tftp,

If version 1.2 isn't available from HP firmware ftp site (see the FAQ),
then I'd not updated the 715/100XC.  If it is available, then the buglist
will be in the notes along with the firmware update.

> but booting from
> CDROM is something even the buggiest rom MUST handle.

THe CD-ROM might behave in some way that confuses the PDC.
It's only a bug if that CD-ROM was shipped with the machine.
ie, it's a tested and supported configuration.
That's why I keep harping about the SCSI device jumper settings.

grant