Fwd: [parisc-linux] Problem installing 0.9.3 on 715/100XC

nsc nsc@connectednet.co.uk
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 17:11:43 +0000

Turns out this was a problem with the CD-ROM after all. I pulled a Philips
CDRW drive out of another machine and installed it internally and all is
working now :-)

Cheers,
Nathan.

Subject: [parisc-linux] Problem installing 0.9.3 on 715/100XC
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 13:52:10 +0000
From: nsc <nsc@connectednet.co.uk>
To: parisc-linux@lists.parisc-linux.org

Hi guys, I'm trying to install 0.9.3 on a 715/100XC and have run into a
problem.

'sea scsi' shows I have:

scsi.6.0	SEAGATE ST32151N
scsi.2.0	TOSHIBA CD-ROM XM-3701TA

'sea ipl' shows the CD-ROM

So I issue 'boot scsi.2.0 ipl' and the get the following:

Attempting to boot.
ERROR: Cannot load IPL, error detected
Boot process failed. press <ESCAPE> to Continue

md5sums on the iso image check out and I've burned a couple of cd's just in
case the first was dodgy.
The Toshiba CD-ROM is known to work and boots my SGI Indy just fine.

This machine has BootRom Version 1.1, could this be causing a problem?

Where do I go from here?

Thanks for any help,
Nathan.