[parisc-linux] Power LED

Christoph Plattner christoph.plattner@gmx.at
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 23:45:28 +0100

On the Apollo machine (720/50, 730, etc) the Power-Switch is NOT
under software control. The switch is simple a "shortcut to ground"
and is a direct input line of the power supply unit (I know this,
because I have troubles with my power supply and studied the electrical
wirering, etc.).

On E55 I also think, that the switch is controlling the power supply
also, as I can switch off at any moment in Linux and HP-UX.

In the 712, the switch is definitly under software control, as the
software can simple ignore it ... and much more...

Bye
Christoph P.