[parisc-linux] Pb with dump driver.

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:08:18 -0700

Bruno Vidal wrote:
> So I take the decision to modify now the code and create my own
> dump_iodc_write, dump_iodc_read, dump_iodc_wait, dump_iodc_open,
> dump_iodc_seek (I don't think I need other functions).

You should be able to leverage most of the code from palo.
Note that palo runs in th CPU in real-mode - not virtual mode.
You might consider doing the same for the dump code and just
be *very* careful about which functions you call.

Oh, and the dump path might want to do two other things:
1) PDC_IO_RESET_CLEAR
2) switch linux console back to PDC console

I don't know if some of those things are already happening.
If I have time, I'll look later.

palo is in CVS on the same server (cvs.parisc-linux.org) as our kernel.
(ie "cvs co palo" instead of linux)

> Thanks a lot to grant that point to the right direction,
> now let's go at work :-)

hehe..very welcome...I'm very happy to see you doing it...it's been
on my wish list for a long time.

thanks,
grant