[parisc-linux] Ethernet on HP Apollo 730

Thomas Bogendoerfer tsbogend@alpha.franken.de
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 01:48:32 +0100

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 10:13:27AM +1100, Steve.Grady@csiro.au wrote:
> The second box is a 730 and the 10BaseT Ethernet will not work. dmesg output
> seems to indicate that it cannot find a carrier. What I need to know has
> anyone else got the Ethernet working on a 730 or do I have a dead Ethernet
> transceiver.

ethernet worked on my 730 out of the box.

> If the second is the case has anyone had any success in getting an ISA
> network card working in the EISA slot if so what do I need to do to get it
> working.

haven't tried it, yet.

Thomas.

--
Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessary a
good idea.                                 [ Alexander Viro on linux-kernel ]