[parisc-linux] SOLVED: HIL keyboard problems

Helge Deller deller@gmx.de
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 20:15:13 +0100

Hi list,

I've found a solution for the problem with the not-working "i" and "o"
keys on HIL keyboards and X11.

Just grab the files
ftp://ftp.parisc-linux.org/XFree86/HILkeyb/hp
ftp://ftp.parisc-linux.org/XFree86/HILkeyb/hp.lst
and store both to /etc/X11/xkb/rules

Then change your keyboard definition section in
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 to contain the following lines

        Option          "XkbRules"      "hp"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "hphil"
	Option          "CustomKeycodes" "yes"

and maybe:
       Option          "XkbLayout"     "de"
with "de" replaced for your language in case you have
a non-US keyboard.
btw, the CustomKeycodes = yes option does the real trick here.

Alternately you may also fetch my XF86Config-4
from ftp://ftp.parisc-linux.org/XFree86/HILkeyb/XF86Config-4
and just change the Screen-section to match your display.
Please note: My XF86Config-4 is configured to use a Microsoft
compatible serial mouse on /dev/ttyS1 (serial port 2).
The HIL mouse is still not supported!

Regards,
Helge