[parisc-linux] 53c700 (LASI SCSI 53c700) hang

Helge Deller deller@gmx.de
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 18:29:12 +0100

Hi James,

today my 715/64 completely stopped after some "dpkg -i"-ing.
According to the following lines from the serial console the new
SCSI driver stopped talking to my harddisk.
I'm sending this bug report now, after that this has happened
~3 times in the last 2 months.
Any ideas ?

TIA,
Helge

This is what I got on my serial console. Sadly some things before it
are missing:

scsi0 (6:0) New error handler wants to abort command
        0x00 00 00 00 00 00
scsi: device set offline - not ready or command retry failed after bus reset:
host 0 channel 0 id 6 lun 0
scsi0 (6:0) New error handler wants to abort command
        0x00 00 00 00 00 00
scsi: device set offline - not ready or command retry failed after bus reset:
host 0 channel 0 id 6 lun 0
scsi0 (6:0) New error handler wants to abort command
        0x00 00 00 00 00 00
scsi: device set offline - not ready or command retry failed after bus reset:
host 0 channel 0 id 6 lun 0

from the dmesg:
SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00
53c700: Version 2.6 By James.Bottomley@HansenPartnership.com
scsi0: 53c710 rev 2
scsi0 : LASI SCSI 53c700
scsi0: (6:0) Synchronous at offset 8, period 100ns
  Vendor: QUANTUM   Model: FIREBALL_TM3200S  Rev: 300X
Attached scsi disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 6, lun 0
scsi0: (6:0) Enabling Tag Command Queuing
Partition check:
 sda: sda1 sda2 sda3 sda4