[parisc-linux] Re: [parisc-linux-cvs] linux-2.5 varenet

Helge Deller deller@gmx.de
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 10:19:39 +0100

On Saturday 21 December 2002 05:02, Thibaut Varene wrote:
> CVSROOT:	/var/cvs
> Module name:	linux-2.5
> Changes by:	varenet	02/12/20 21:02:54
>
> Modified files:
> 	include/asm-parisc: linux_logo.h
>
> Log message:
> Here is a logo _without_ the _very nice_ HP background that everybody hates
> here ;o)

Thanks a lot Thibaut !

For people interested in how the logos look(ed) like on different architectures
during time:
http://home.tvd.be/cr26864/Linux/fbdev/logo.html
Maybe we should add the PA-Penguin to the list at some point ?

> More seriously, this is the default logo (as found on i386) with a PA-RISC
> symbol tattoo'd on. See this for result:
> http://pateam.esiee.fr/archive/linux_logo-new.png
>
> If anyone has any comment/suggestion for sth nicer, please tell me.

I think the white border is somewhat too big ?!?

> BTW, I wonder about copyright mentions in the file...
> This is not actually "code", but picture. Should we mention any kind of
> copyright on it ?

No.  I'd vote for removing that (C)-info.

Helge