[parisc-linux] Re: Solved: Kernel crash when loggin in via ssh

Randolph Chung Randolph Chung <randolph@tausq.org>
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 16:05:11 -0800

> gcc-3.0_3.0.4-13 produces a working kernel, gcc-3.2-3.2.2-0pre0 produces
> a miscompiled kernel (faulty networking, causes kernel crash).

Just to reiterate Dave's point, this is not necessarily a compiler
problem.

> I think it is no urban legend anymore ... :-/
> I've also see quite alot reports on p-l about miscompiled kernels with
> anything other than gcc-3.0.4, actually several months ago; so I thought
> these issues have been solved by now ...

you will also see several attempts from me to get more info about these
problems, since i have yet to reproduce this. No one has stepped forward
to provide the info to track this down...

please, follow the info at
http://www.parisc-linux.org/faq/kernelbug-howto.html to report where is
the crash, what is your config, etc.... just saying "it doesn't work"
will not help us fix it.

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports