[parisc-linux] Re: Solved: Kernel crash when loggin in via ssh

M. Grabert xam@cs.ucc.ie
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 23:56:59 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, John David Anglin wrote:

> > It IS a gcc issue.
>
> That is not sufficient proof.  Just because code "works" with one compiler
> version, doesn't mean that there isn't a problem with the code.  Someone
> actually has to produce a sample of miscompiled code.  The debian 3.0.4
> is not a supported version of gcc.

okay, fair enough. But for now I stick to gcc-3.0.4 ...

BTW, did anybody try to compile kernels with CVS gcc-3.3 ?
Otherwise I'll waste my time this weekend building a native compiler and
try to recompile the same kernel again with the CVS gcc main branch (3.3?)

greetings max