[parisc-linux] ["CSA Test Drive" <TestDrive@compaq.com>] FW: Some issues

Wed, 11 Dec 2002 18:05:10 -0500 (EST)

> The code _seems_ to trap on a PA8600. Though I won't say anything until
> I enable debugging in the trap handler and rerun the test.

The code doesn't seem to trap on a A500 which I believe is a PA8500.
I think we need to look at bits 0..1 of the coprocessor configuration
register to determine instruction validity.  See table 8-6 on page 8-11.
I can look at what the HP compiler does.  Up to now, we have assumed
that all PA8000 machines have the same instruction set.

Dave