[parisc-linux] c200 fx graphics status?

B. Douglas Hilton bdhilton@charter.net
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 19:28:59 -0400

Thanks for the info. Here's my comments and reply.

Ryan Bradetich wrote:
> The answer is it depends upon the graphics card.  I have a C200+
> that I use at work that I have been self-hosting on at work with
> a GSC video card:
>
> 5. Coral SGC Graphics (10) at 0xfa000000 [8/4], versions 0x4, 0x0, 0x77

Is the Coral an HCRX-24? I'm curious as to which boards will work in a
C200. I'll try and get a different card for it if need be.

> using framebuffers and X.  I also have a C200+ at home with a PCI
> video card
>
> Dec  5 22:11:05 vega kernel: STI device: HPA4552A
>
> in which STI is supported, but not the framebuffer device (ie.
> no X).

Well that is better than dumb terminal mode at least. I wish
I was like Brian Paul and could bang out Mesa/DRI support for these
FX boards, I'd like to see QuakeForge running on a hppa box in OpenGL
mode someday :-)