[parisc-linux] gcc-3.2 experimental debs

Randolph Chung Randolph Chung <tausq@debian.org>
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 15:16:23 -0700

I've uploaded an experimental gcc-3.2 debian package to:

ftp://ftp.parisc-linux.org/unofficial-debs/gcc-3.2_20020417-1_hppa.deb

for people who feel adventurous and wants to try. As the name suggests
it's built from gcc-3.2 cvs from two days ago. The deb is unfortunately
quite large (26M) because it also contains binutils bits and has
c/c++/fortran/objc compilers enabled.

The regression test results are looking quite good, and at least on the
two cases I've tried the functions-sections problems are fixed.

The package installs into /usr/local, and I want to stress here
that these are only for experimental use and are not part of the
official debian release.

Having said that, try them out and let us know how it works out!

Last but not least, thanks Dave for all your efforts! gcc-3.2 looks
really quite a bit better than 3.0.x

randolph