[parisc-linux] 715/75

Jonathan Crockett jcrockett@midco.net
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 08:24:56 -0500

Hello,
  I have a 715/100 that had very similiar symptoms.  I have HP-UX on it
then installed debian.  After I had the base installed I moved the machine
and in a not so brilliant move added an external cdrom and changed keyboards
and mouse.  The system sat there and acted like it was having a very difficult
time coming to terms with the changes.  To fix it, swapped out the HIL mouse
that I had switch to with a ps2 three button mouse and took the external
cdrom off the scsi chain.  I let it sit for about 20 minute to a half hour
then it decided to boot.  I also found that I could not use the on board
video after I had used the addon card.  I even disconnect the addon card,
but it made no difference.

HTH
jc