[parisc-linux] 715/75

Matt McKenzie linuxknight@attbi.com
09 Apr 2002 23:22:07 -0700

I posted a while earlier, but no response has been forthcoming.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do so solve my problem with an HP
715/75, that displays the LEDs 1,2,6 on the front panel at power-up?
I have an HP monitor with it, and it stays blank.

The manual, if I'm reading it correctly, says the LEDs mean:

Internal inconsistency: IODC Entry_Init

But there is no mention of what this means exactly, or what to do about
it.

What can I do to resolve this, if possible?

I would very much like to put Linux on this machine.

It seems to me hardware questions aren't off-topic... does this just
mean no one knows how to fix this?  Or is it because I have no
transcript or logs to post (because the monitor is blank I can't see
anything)?

Would it be possible to get a serial console working to see anything?
I am guessing a standard RS232 Null-modem cable would work?

Also, I have the AUI-10bT ethernet transceiver, but I don't know if it
has a valid static IP, or if it is trying DHCP lookup.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

--
73 de K6LNX