[parisc-linux] 720 - some progress

Albert Strasheim fullung@ilink.nis.za
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 12:01:42 +0200

--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o

Hello,

On Sat, 29 Sep 2001, Albert Strasheim wrote:

> Hello,
>=20
> Some minor progress. I'm now netbooting a lifimage and then running my
> programs from disk. The only problem is that I can't dpkg-reconfigure
> the chroot I copied over to the disk after partially bootstrapping it
> and nfsroot booting it because I can't install libterm-readline-gnu-perl
> and related packages (currently the system seems to hang when I do a
> dpkg -i libreadline4_4.2-5_hppa.deb. libc6 and a few others dpkg -i'd
> fine though (running -pa22 with only the case 18: and without Jurij's
> patches). I'm currently running -pa27+jurij (I had to manually apply his
> 2nd patch... it didn't like the traps.c I had).

Not much luck with this one either. dpkg has just been sitting there
for more than an hour now.

Could I persuade someone with a working HP to bootstrap a new nfsroot,
please?

You probably also need to add the following packages:

busybox-static_0.60.1-1_hppa.deb
libc6_2.2.3-9_hppa.deb
libdb2_2.7.7.0-1_hppa.deb
libgdbmg1_1.7.3-27_hppa.deb
libncurses5_5.2.20010318-3_hppa.deb
libperl5.6_5.6.1-5_hppa.deb
libreadline4_4.2-5_hppa.deb
libterm-readline-gnu-perl_1.10-1_hppa.deb
perl_5.6.1-5_hppa.deb
perl-base_5.6.1-5_hppa.deb
perl-modules_5.6.1-5_all.deb

I think that should leave you with a system the 720/50 people can work
from. :-)

Regards,

Albert

--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o