[parisc-linux] 720 - some progress

Albert Strasheim fullung@ilink.nis.za
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 10:30:37 +0200

--2iBwrppp/7QCDedR

Hello,

Some minor progress. I'm now netbooting a lifimage and then running my
programs from disk. The only problem is that I can't dpkg-reconfigure
the chroot I copied over to the disk after partially bootstrapping it
and nfsroot booting it because I can't install libterm-readline-gnu-perl
and related packages (currently the system seems to hang when I do a
dpkg -i libreadline4_4.2-5_hppa.deb. libc6 and a few others dpkg -i'd
fine though (running -pa22 with only the case 18: and without Jurij's
patches). I'm currently running -pa27+jurij (I had to manually apply his
2nd patch... it didn't like the traps.c I had).

Another question: shutdown doesn't seem to work? Is it because I am
running with init=/bin/sh (thus no init, and no runlevels to change), or
is something more sinister at work here? Is there some other way I can
"neatly" bring down my HP?

That's about it for now. I'm going to try booting a -pa27 without
jurij's fixes and with just the case fall-through.

Regards,

Albert

--2iBwrppp/7QCDedR

--2iBwrppp/7QCDedR--