[parisc-linux] Odd X display

Tom palinux@alaskatech.org
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 22:08:16 -0800 (AKDT)

First of all, big thanks to all for the latest patches to the kernel. It
appears that my 715/100 is *finally* completely working - keyboard
included. Even XF86 works now, except for a weird display. It appears that
the color depth or refresh is wrong, but I'm not sure how it can be. The
monitor is a HP A1097C, 1280x1024x8, 78.125/72.008 h/v refresh. I'm using
fbdev for the driver, the boot shows that as the detected frame buffer...
But I get a semi-scrambled display. (Not like I'm out of refresh, more
like the color depth is wrong...) Unreadable, no mouse... I thought at
first I had a bad window manager, but it happens with KDE, icewm,
enlightenment and fvwm95.

My config and boot can be seen at ftp://ftp.alaskatech.org/XF86Config-4
and ftp://ftp.alaskatech.org/dmesg.txt if they'll help. I don't recall
anything like this being posted on here yet, so I'm thinking it's
something in my config that's wrong, and that I don't recognize since most
of what I do is x86, not PA-RISC...

Any help much appreciated.