[parisc-linux] AUI on 725-100

Mattias Wadenstein maswan@acc.umu.se
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 04:48:24 +0200 (MEST)

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Bent Wagner wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I have some 725-100 boxes, but no AUI to rj45 adapters.
>
> I have a HUB with an AUI connector on it.
>
> Can i connect those two without using adapters, and if so
> how should the cable be wired?

http://www.hardwarebook.net/cable/network/aui2aui.html

(Just a small plug for a local project :) )

> It seems odd to me that you should put adapters between the
> machine and the HUB. Why not make it a BNC or rj45 instead?

BNC or (most) rj45 cables handles distances better, I think. But AUI is
universal, there are adapters from that to the other media formats
(including thick coax). I think that is the explanation.

/Mattias Wadenstein