[parisc-linux] Getting a CD?

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 19:10:50 +0100

We haven't attempted to make a full CD available.  Partly this is because
it'd be a lot of effort to add all the packages that people might want,
and the result would be huge (an estimated 4-5 CDs currently).  Another
reason is that the packages are constantly being updated right now, and
any CD we produced would be out of date the following day.  We decided
to only produce an install CD and let people upgrade that themselves.

hppa will be one of the architectures released with Woody, so Debian
will produce CD images then.  Woody is scheduled to release in December.