[parisc-linux] cvs update gives 'move away ....' on every file

Grant Grundler grundler@puffin.external.hp.com
Wed, 05 Sep 2001 23:04:24 -0600

thunder7@xs4all.nl wrote:
> - downloaded the linux-latest.tar.gz archive
> - created /home/cvs/parisc and made sure I had enough permissions

You can call this directory anything you want.
I have my linux source trees under /linux/pa64/linux.

> - typed 'cd /home/cvs/parisc; cvs update'

You didn't name the CVS repository to use and cvs got confused.

Try 'cd /home/cvs/parisc/linux; cvs update -APd'
Or  'cd /home/cvs/parisc; cvs update -APd linux'

I prefer "pwd" be the source tree I want updated from the repository.

grant

Grant Grundler
parisc-linux {PCI|IOMMU|SMP} hacker
+1.408.447.7253