[parisc-linux] very odd problem

Albert Strasheim fullung@ilink.nis.za
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 13:55:48 +0200

--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz

Hello,

I had this same problem on i386 -- I think it's a dependancy bug that
gets exposed during installation (ppp depending on libpcap, I think),
which causes some setup scripts to fail during installation.

Look for a start-stop-daemon.REAL file and copy it over your
start-stop-daemon. I think that should solve the problem. Or I'm utterly
confused... which is probably more likely. :-)

Regards,

Albert

On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Kenneth Westelinck wrote:

> Hi all,
>=20
>=20
> I've recently installed the test-release of woody on my 712/60. I've also=
=20
> compiled a recent kernel available from the parisc-linux site. All works=
=20
> well, except from a very strange problem. The start-stop-daemon call, whi=
ch=20
> is used throughout the init scripts, doesn't seem to work. So, executing =
the=20
>=20
> inetd script results in nothing, not even an error. Starting inetd on the=
=20
> command line (/usr/sbin/inetd) works great. Is there a known bug in the=
=20
> start-stop-daemon program? Can this be solved, or will I have to rewrite =
my=20
> init scripts?
>=20
> Many thanks in advance.