[parisc-linux] very odd problem

Kenneth Westelinck kennywest1@hotmail.com
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 08:07:26 +0000

Hi all,

I've recently installed the test-release of woody on my 712/60. I've also
compiled a recent kernel available from the parisc-linux site. All works
well, except from a very strange problem. The start-stop-daemon call, which
is used throughout the init scripts, doesn't seem to work. So, executing the
inetd script results in nothing, not even an error. Starting inetd on the
command line (/usr/sbin/inetd) works great. Is there a known bug in the
start-stop-daemon program? Can this be solved, or will I have to rewrite my
init scripts?

Many thanks in advance.

regards,

Kenneth